My Blog List

  • - Poem As the sun rose next morning There was a lot of time for thinking The day goes on As our struggles fill the pond It became noon As my thoughts were up...
  • - *LA Times (Found Poem)* The slaying of eight people four years ago stunned the community. Scott Dekraai murder his ex-wife at a sea Beach beauty salon Prose...
  • Finals : Part 1 - It was a nice, sunny day in Carmel, California and I decided to go to my favorite bakery for my daily croissant until I got pulled over for the dumb...
  • Final Part 1 - Last year I was going home with my sister and my two friends. Before we were waiting at the bus stop where the incident happened, we ate at a...
  • Final: Part 1 - When my parents and I were on our way to the pick up my brother from school, we got into a car accident. It was only...
  • Civil Disobedience Final Essay - Zinn interview, 2192. In my opinion civil disobedience is a huge problem in society these days. Zinn says, "Our problem is civil obedience, not civil dis...
  • Found Poem - "Success" The definition of success is victory. To triumph is the sweetest nectar. Succeed and everything will be clear; easy to comprehend The sorest meanin...

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Autobiographical Narrative

I was born in Korea and came to America in the 3rd grade. Going to school was a problem for me because I didn't know any English. But luckily, a new school opened up and there were many Koreans that didn't know English just like me.  But making new friends was still a problem because I was really shy. I was able to make only 2 to 4 friends because they didn't know English. As the year went by, by my 5th grade, I was capable of having a full conversation in English and was able to make more friends then before. I got comfortable speaking English and I ended up befriending all of the 5th graders in my school. But my elementary days didn't last very long. As I transitioned into middle school, all of us went to separate schools. I had to start fresh again. I knew absolutely no one in my school and had to spend a few week by myself. As time went on, I made more friends just like elementary but this time, I made enemies along with friends. They would use me as entertainment and whenever they needed to copy something, they would come to me. At first I thought it was normal to do that since we were in middle school. But then I realized that it wasn't. I realized it as soon as I got into high school. I started to avoid my so-called "friends" and tried to make new friends. But it wasn't going as well as I though it would be. I've made about 6 friends during my freshmen year but they ended up moving schools in the middle of the school year. As the year went on to my sophomore year my so-called "friends" got expelled for not coming to school so I had a little more breathing space in the school. Nothing was different in my sophomore year and my freshmen year. But my current junior year is totally different. I joined leadership and this forced me to be more outgoing. I've started to make more friends and I became less anti-social. Joining leadership has really changed my life. Although I'm bombarded with work, I don't really mind. Leadership has made me realize who my real friends are. They make me feel like I have a second family. These people are all new to me but they mean everything in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment